Scheduling a photo shoot with Open House Photography is easy. To request an appointment, please fill out our contact form. Our last appointment time of the day is between 3 pm and 4pm. Appointments after 5 pm are reserved for twilight photo sessions only.
- Appointment times are available Monday through Friday.
- Weekend photo sessions are available on a limited basis.
- All appointments are on a first come first serve basis.
For adequate sunlight on the front exterior of your home, we recommend the following:
- East Facing Homes: We recommend a morning appointment.
- South Facing Homes: We recommend a morning or afternoon appointment.
- West Facing Homes: We recommend an afternoon appointment.
- North Facing Homes: Please contact us to discuss your options.
Because we shoot multiple homes each day, it is important that your property be “photo-ready”, when we arrive. In order to service all of our clients in a professional manner, your appointment includes a specific block of time for your photo session. Please review our tips on how to prepare the home for your photo shoot.
- Your home will be shot AS-IS.
- Please have the home photo-ready when we arrive.
- We do not provide any cleaning, moving or home staging services.
- Failure to have your home photo-ready may impact the number of photographs taken.
FOR BEST RESULTS:
- Please have your home cleaned, prepped and staged prior to your shoot.
- Please communicate any special shot or edit requests to us prior to your shoot.
- Please review our home preparation tips.
- Do not schedule any other workers at the same time of your photo shoot.
- Do not hold an “Open House” during your photo session.
- Arrive early for your appointment to make sure the home is photo-ready.
- Please allow our photographers to begin working immediately, once they arrive.
If your photo shoot is with Jack, he can process your credit card at the end of the shoot. If your photo session is with one of your team photographers, we will email you an electronic invoice that can be paid online with any major credit card. New clients must pre-pay for any team session, prior to their appointment being confirmed. Payment must be received in full before your photos are delivered. We do not accept cash or checks.
Open House Photography offers real estate photography in Los Angeles via our local service area. Our local service area includes all properties that are located less than 30 miles from Marina del Rey. Properties located outside our local service area will incur a travel fee and will need to meet a minimum purchase amount. Some services may not be available outside our local service area. Travel fees are calculated via Google Maps and are based on the distance from 4712 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey 90292 to the client’s property.
CANCELLATIONS and RESCHEDULING:
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we request at least 48 hours notice via our contact form on this website. You will receive a cancellation confirmation email from us within 24 hours. If you do not receive a cancellation confirmation email from us, that means we did not receive your cancellation request and your appointment is still reserved. Please call us immediately. If you give less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged a $75.00 cancellation fee. There is no cancellation fee for rescheduling your shoot due to rain. If you repeatedly cancel or reschedule appointments, we will require a $100.00 non-refundable security deposit to reserve your next photo shoot.
NO SHOWS/LATE SHOWS/SCRAP SHOOT:
If you do not show up for your appointment or if you show up so late that the shoot has to be cancelled, you will be charged a $125.00 trip fee that must be paid in full before we can reschedule another shoot. If we arrive at the property and are unable to photograph the home due to lack of electricity, lack of interior access or other issues, the shoot will be cancelled and you will be charged a $125.00 scrap shoot fee that must be paid in full before we can schedule another shoot for you.
Any return trip to the property for reshoots will incur a fee. The minimum reshoot fee is $200.00.
In order to avoid a reshoot:
- Please be sure your property is “photo-ready.”
2. Make sure weather conditions are to your liking.
3. Please communicate any specific shot requests to us prior to your appointment.
After payment has been received in full, images are delivered next business day via electronic download. Typically, photos are delivered between 12pm and 6pm, but may be later depending on our workload. Friday photo session images are typically delivered on Saturday, but Saturday delivery is not guaranteed. Delivery times for all other services is typically two to five business days. A delay in payment will delay the processing and delivery of your images. If you have specific delivery requirements, please contact us prior to scheduling your photo session.